What Is Concrete Recycling?Concrete recycling involves breaking, extracting, and grinding concrete into a predetermined size and grade material—like the crushing of virgin materials. The razed sidewalks, architectural columns, and foundations are split apart and compiled. You can take the concrete to a recycling facility for crushing or get it crushed onsite using mobile crushing equipment (which can sometimes be convenient and cost-effective).
Advances in technologies have enabled it possible to crush a greater variety of concretes more thoroughly. Steel remains can now be removed with less physical work. A variety of materials, from jointed plain pavement to jointed reinforced pavement to continuously reinforced pavements, can be crushed with the right equipment.
After being crushed to the specified size, the recycled concrete is ready for use in your projects. While it is frequently used as a sub-base, it can also be utilized as an aggregate in fresh concrete — though it is commonly blended with virgin material aggregates in this instance.
The Benefits of Recycling ConcreteTraditionally, people hauled destroyed concrete to landfills for appropriate disposal/ However, increased environmental consciousness has resulted in the concrete being recovered for reuse in concrete works. There are several advantages to recycling concrete instead of burying or dumping it in landfills. Preventing concrete debris from entering landfills conserves landfill space. Additional benefits of concrete recycling include the following:
- Locally Produced — Sourced locally
- Reduces the volume of truck traffic
- A Non-Renewable Resource Alternative
- Savings on costs
- There Are No Disposal Fees
- Efficient Truck Utilization (Reduced Costs)
- sing recycled materials as gravel reduces the requirement for gravel mining.
- Often, the cost of recycling is less than landfilling it. This, together with the cost savings associated with recycling, makes recycling a financially feasible choice. Recycling is more eco-friendly.
- Not only can recycling help decrease debris that ends up in landfills, but it may also help save transportation mileage, primarily if you use a portable crusher on your construction site.
Reliable Concrete Recycling ServicesWe understand the importance of providing our clients excellent value, and it's why we make sure that you get the best and most reliable concrete recycling solutions. Our facility is conveniently located in Westbury, NY, making it easy for clients to get their concrete waste recycled as and when required. We also provide a mobile concrete recycling service, so you have the option to complete this process on your construction site too.
We provide the most efficient and responsible concrete recycling services to clients throughout the region. For more information about how this works, please call Rock Crush Recycling at this number 516.334.ROCK (516-334-7625) or drop us a line through this Contact Us form, and one of our team members will call you soon to answer your queries.